Here are the steps to take to get started on Zeffy for the first time.
Zeffy is 100% free for nonprofits. All of our services and products are 100% free. We also cover 100% of credit card transaction fees. To get started:
- Create your account here. Add your email, your name, and the name of your organization.
- Create your first form! Search our knowledge base for tips on how to create your form depending on what type of form you're looking to create (donation, ticketing, volunteering).
- Add your administrative information: This includes the type of your organization, the address of the organization, the description you would like to will appear on your donors' bank statements (very important to avoid payment disputes), your charity number, and an electronic copy of the signature on the tax receipts (if applicable). You can do this in the Settings section of your dashboard. To go back and make edits here, click on the arrow next to your name in the menu bar to the left of your screen, and then click on "Settings".
- Connect your bank account: Zeffy is partnered with Stripe, a global leader in online transactions. By using our platform, you can connect your bank with Stripe. This allows you to track your payments, manage deposit frequency, and analyze your data. Go to your Zeffy dashboard, click on the "Bank" tab, and on "Link my bank account". You will then be guided to connect your bank to your Zeffy account. You can then view your transactions, balance, and payouts directly from your dashboard. Note: Have a blank cheque ready! It will contain the information required to link your bank account.
- Proceed to the ID Verification: Once your bank account is connected, Stripe will perform identity verification. To do this, go to your Zeffy dashboard, click on the "Settings' tab, and then on "Bank Identity". Here is the information you will be asked for:
- The legal name of your organization. Please note that the name provided must exactly match the name associated with your EIN.
- The address of your organization
- The legal representative of the organization's information (name, date of birth, address, a photo of your driver's license or ID)
- Share your form: To share your form, go to your "Donation" or "Ticketing" my forms section.
- Click on the "Share" button to the right of the form you've created. You will be redirected to the Share section, which contains the link to your form that you can copy.
- Log in on a computer to your Zeffy dashboard.
- Click on the Settings icon next to your name.
- Click "Create a new organization" in the menu.
- Enter the information for your new organization!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!