An open registration peer to peer campaign is a campaign where there is no registration process or registration fee for fundraisers.
A peer-to-peer campaign is a fundraiser that an organization hosts, but allows participants to sign up to raise money on their behalf. It is a great option for organizations who want to leverage their donors’ networks to raise funds.
There are 2 types of of peer-to-peer campaigns: open registration and paid registration. An open registration campaign allows participants to create and share their campaign in one step. Paid registration campaigns have a registration component, in which participants first have to sign up for the event through a separate form.If you’re organizing a campaign in which participants will be required to pay a registration fee, you should go with a paid registration campaign. Please see more information here.
To create an Open Registration peer-to-peer campaign:
- Go to "Donations" in your Zeffy dashboard and click on "New Form." Then select Peer-to-Peer campaign.
- Complete the "General Information" page. You can add a title, a campaign objective, and a description for your event.
- In the "Create your Form" section, add a logo and form banner to your campaign. You can configure two thank you messages: One for your donors, and one for the fundraisers. Donors are individuals who donated to the campaign. Fundraisers are individuals who created a campaign through which others can donate.
- You've created your campaign! You can now share your form with your community!
Tips for Peer-to-Peer Campaigns:
- Add a manual donation: You can increase the peer-to-peer thermometer by adding donations to the campaign manually. Go to Donations in your Zeffy dashboard and click “Add donation” on the top right corner. Select the peer-to-peer campaign from the drop-down menu.
- Rename the "Fundraise" button: If you’d like to rename these buttons, you can go to the "Advanced Settings" section of your form. Click on "Customize button label". There, you can change the buttons to say the word(s) of your choice!
- Managing individual campaigns: Donors can make changes to their campaigns by logging into their Zeffy account. If you’d like to disable this option, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reassign donations: If a donor made a mistake and donated to the wrong campaign, you can easily reassign the donation in your Zeffy dashboard. To do this, find the donation transaction under "Donations" > "My donations", click on the transaction, and then click on the drop-down menu that appears in the little page that pops up. Select the campaign the donation should go to, and then you're all set! The donation has been reassigned to the right campaign!