Common errors for identity verification failure and how to solve them.
Consult our comprehensive video tutorial for common errors and how to correct them to begin accepting payments on Zeffy!
Stripe is Zeffy's payment processor and they request ID for user verification purposes. For verification, you must upload a photo or a scan of an official government ID of the person whose name you have entered as the organisation’s representative. For more information about why Stripe requests this information, we invite you to refer to their FAQ.
To successfully upload your ID, please ensure the following criteria are met:
- The ID is a valid government-issued photo ID document.
- The information on the ID corresponds exactly with the information provided for the Zeffy account representative and owner.
- The ID must not be redacted, altered, or damaged.
If the ID is not being accepted, it could be due to the quality of the picture you are submitting. Here are some tips:
- Capture a clear image. Make sure that the images are not too dark or bright, and don't have a glare. Hold steady and allow your camera to focus to avoid blurry photos.
- Capture the ID against a dark background. Light, colourful or patterned backgrounds will make it difficult for the system to capture the ID.
- Do not block any part of your ID document in the image. Ideally you can lay it flat to take the photo.
- Find a location with ambient lighting. Avoid spaces with strong overhead lights that cast a shadow on your ID document. Avoid sitting directly in front of a bright light which can cast a shadow over or add a glare to your ID document.
- ❗If you are uploading an image file of your ID it must be in png. or jpg. format
💡Pro-tip: Cameras on mobile devices often take higher quality photos than webcams, which helps with legibility.
If you are experiencing issues with capturing your selfie, please make sure the following guidelines are respected:
- Make sure you give your device permission to access your camera/webcam
- Do not block any part of your face. Remove sunglasses, masks, or other accessories. Make sure your finger is not partially blocking your camera lens.
- Find a location with ambient lighting. Avoid spaces with strong overhead lights that cast a shadow on your face or ID document. Avoid sitting directly in front of a bright light that can wash out your face.
If all of the above are respected and your issue with the ID or selfie verification persists, try the following:
- Log out of your Zeffy account
- Clear your browser cache
- Use a different browser
- Try to upload your photo again
If the issue persists, email us the photos of the back and front of your ID along with the email used to create your Zeffy account at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can try to upload it for you.