A quick video and step-by-step guide to help you get verified on Stripe!
➡️ A step-by-step guide on completing your verification:
➡️ Common reasons for verification failures and how to resolve them:
1. The case of an information mismatch
Please make sure that the information you enter in Zeffy corresponds exactly with what is indicated on your letter 147c or SS4 form. If there are any mismatches in punctuation, spelling, capitalization, etc. your document will be rejected.
For example, if the name on your letter 147c or SS4 form appears like this:
% ZEFFY ORGANISATION
123 ADDRESS BLVD STE 111
HOUSTON, TX 12345
Please enter the information like this in your dashboard:
2. The case of a recently issued EIN:
If your EIN was issued within the last 3 months, it is normal that you are getting the following error message indicating the system does not recognize your business name and ID (EIN) together. This is because your EIN is too new to be included in the IRS database provided to Stripe.
Please send the following to to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can request temporary verification with Stripe on your behalf:
- Your letter 147c (CP 575) or SS4 form
- Your Zeffy account email address
❗If you have recently requested a name change, but your organisation uses the same EIN please include the official Article of Amendment of the name change issued by the IRS.
If you do not have this official document yet, continue to use the name on your official letter 147c or SS4 form until you receive it.
I uploaded everything successfully, why does it say documents are still missing?
- You may need to re-enter your state as it is indicated on your document
- You may need to go back and click “Agree & submit”
Why am I seeing a message to update my bank account page in Zeffy?
If you have entered all of your information correctly, but there is an error message at the top of your Zeffy bank page requesting additional information, this is because your account has been temporarily verified.
This means that your organisation’s EIN does not appear in the IRS database of recognized non-profits, but Stripe has granted you a grace period of one month to begin receiving payments. After that time is up, they will re-verify your account.
- If at the time of the second verification, your EIN is matched in their database, your account will be approved.
- If at the time of the second verification, your EIN is still not found, payouts will be disabled. Your ability to receive payments will remain enabled.
- To re-enable payouts, send your official EIN documentation to email@example.com and we will proceed to manual verification with Stripe.