Add notes to a donation or ticketing purchase for additional context on the payment. Notes are visible on the dashboard and on transaction reports.
When it is useful to annotate a transaction?
- To keep track of check payments that are received or not
- To keep records of the transaction's history. Ex. : if the transaction is cancelled or refunded, you may want to keep a note as to why and who did it
- To keep track of any conversation, question or concern from your donor. More context is always good!
- To add details to manual entries. Ex. if you manually adjusted your campaign thermometer
How can you annotate a transaction?
- If you're annotating a donation, go to "Donations" > "My donations".
If you're annotating a purchase, go to "Ticketing" > "My sales".
- Find the transaction in the list or using the search bar, hover your mouse over the transaction and click "View".
- A window with the transaction details will open on the right. Find the "+Add a note" button.
- Write your note (who, what, when, why) and click anywhere on the page to save it automatically.
- A column "Annotation" will now be visible in your transaction list. Good news! The notes will also be visible in your exported reports.