Edit your reminder email in the advanced settings of your event form. Below are tips on editing and programming it, and important notes about reminder emails.
By default, on event forms, a brief reminder email is programmed to be sent out automatically 7 days before the start date and time. If you do not want to send out a reminder email, you can disable it in the form's advanced settings.
How to edit your reminder email
- Go to the "My forms" tab
- Click “Edit” next to your event form
- Go to the “Advanced settings” section
- The reminder email is the first option listed. Click “edit,” and a screen will open to the right where you can edit the email.
- Edit the subject line. By default it will say [Event title], it’s coming up!
- Edit the number of days before your event you want it to be sent. By default, it will send one week before.
Please take note
- Upon saving the form for the first time, the event title and address will be used to write the default reminder email. If you change the name of your event or the location, you must edit this information manually in the reminder.
- If you clone your form, the reminder email is not duplicated. You must edit it if you do not want to send the default message. The event title will be the cloned form name (i.e. [event title] (1)). Make sure you edit your subject line and change the address of your event if it isn't the same as the cloned event.
When will my reminder email be sent?
The reminder will be sent out once, automatically at the exact start time of your event, the number of days before the event you have selected in the advanced settings here:
⚠️ If you do not program an event date in the “date and time” section on the “General information” page, it will not be possible to configure a reminder email.
Example: Your event is on January 10 at 5pm. The reminder is programmed to send 3 days before. It will send out automatically on January 7 at 5pm.
Reminder e-mail variables:
There are 4 e-mail variables to use in your reminder email:
- First name : will auto-fill the person’s first name to personalize the email;
- Last name: will auto-fill the person’s last name to personalize the email;
- E-ticket: includes a link to the person's e-ticket(s) so they have them on hand;
- Date: The date and time selected in the general information section of your event will be populated here.
What to do if your reminder email was already sent out
If your reminder email sends, it will not be sent out again automatically, even if you reduce the number of days selected before the email is sent. Here is how you can send out a second reminder to your participants:
- Go to the "My contacts" tab
- Apply the "form completed" filter and select your event form to obtain a list of all contacts who completed this form
- Select the contacts and click "New message"
- Compose your email, or copy-paste the reminder email, or insert your reminder email template if you have one. (Read more about templates here)
- Send your email at the desired time. This email will be sent immediately, it cannot be programmed.
Ideas of what to include in the reminder email
- Venue related information such as directions, parking and other important notes about accessing the venue;
- Inform participants of any last minute changes or adjustments;
- A list of items your participants needs and dress code information;
- If tickets are mandatory for entry, remind participants to have them handy and use the e-Ticket variable;
- If your event is outdoors, include information about the plan in case of bad weather;
- A big thank you to your supporters!