Use this workaround to manually generate a tax receipt for non-cash gifts and in-kind donations.
- In your Zeffy dashboard, access the "Contacts" > "My contacts" tab from the left side menu.
- If your donor already exists in your Zeffy database, use the search bar to find the donor's profile using their first or last name. If the donor does not already exist in your Zeffy database, you must first manually add a contact by clicking the "Add contact" button in the top right corner of the page.
- Once in the donor's profile, click the "Actions" button in the top right corner, then select "Generate a receipt".
- In the "Donation amount" field, enter the estimated Fair Market Value (FMV) of the received item, which corresponds to the donated amount and amount eligible to a tax receipt.
- Enter (or verify) the donor's contact information.
- A tax receipt for a non-cash gift is required to include a brief description of the gift received by the charity. Use the field named "Message to add if this receipt replaces another receipt" to manually add the item description.
- In the "Donation date" field, enter the date on which the gift was received.
Here is an example of a non-cash charitable tax receipt.
Canadian Tax Receipt :
American Tax Receipt :