A paid registration peer to peer campaign is a campaign where there is a registration process or a registration fee for fundraisers.
A peer-to-peer campaign is a fundraiser that an organization hosts, but allows participants to sign up to raise money on their behalf. It is a great option for organizations who want to leverage their donors’ networks to raise funds.
There are 2 types of of peer-to-peer campaigns: open registration and paid registration. An open registration campaign allows participants to create and share their campaign in one step. Paid registration campaigns have a registration component, in which participants first have to sign up for the event through a separate form.
To create an Paid Registration peer-to-peer campaign:
- Go to "Donations" in your Zeffy dashboard and click on "New Form." Then select Peer-to-Peer campaign.
- Complete the form just as you would a regular open registration peer-to-peer campaign.
- Create a Ticketing form in the "Ticketing" section of your dashboard. Select the 'Event' option. This will serve as your registration process. Add rates based on the different registration types and other goodies you may be selling.
- Once you've finished creating your form, go back to your peer-to-peer form. Link the peer-to-peer form to your ticketing form in "Advanced parameters" by checking "Add a registration process to my campaign."
- If you check "Include registration amount paid in the campaign thermometer," the registration fees that you collect will be added to your peer-to-peer campaign thermometer.
- If you check "Mandatory registration through the ticketing form in order to fundraise," the "Fundraise" button will be removed from your peer-to-peer form. This means that participants will only be able to create fundraising campaigns at the time of registration.
- Your registration and peer-to-peer forms are linked! Your peer-to-peer form now features a "Registration" button that will take donors to the ticketing form, where they can register for the event.
Tips for Peer-to-Peer Campaigns:
- Add a manual donation: You can increase the peer-to-peer thermometer by adding donations to the campaign manually. Go to Donations in your Zeffy dashboard and click “Add donation” on the top right corner. Select the peer-to-peer campaign from the drop-down menu.
- Rename the "Fundraise" and/or "Registration" button: If you’d like to rename these buttons, you can go to the "Advanced Settings" section of your form. Click on "Customize button label". There, you can change the buttons to say the word(s) of your choice!
- Managing individual campaigns: Donors can make changes to their campaigns by logging into their Zeffy account. If you’d like to disable this option, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reassign donations: If a donor made a mistake and donated to the wrong campaign, you can easily reassign the donation in your Zeffy dashboard. To do this, find the donation transaction under "Donations" > "My donations", click on the transaction, and then click on the drop-down menu that appears in the little page that pops up. Select the campaign the donation should go to, and then you're all set! The donation has been reassigned to the right campaign!
- Pre-filling the target amount: You can send your donors a custom link that will have the target amount you’d like them to raise pre-filled. To do this, add this term to the end of your campaign link:
For example: https://app.simplyk.io/peer-to-peer/1bec4eda-7b6c-459f-b992-1cab4095924d?openFundraiser=True&target=20000
- Signing up right away: If you'd like fundraisers to sign up right away, add the term below to your campaign link and send it to them:
For example: https://app.simplyk.io/peer-to-peer/1bec4eda-7b6c-459f-b992-1cab4095924d?openFundraiser=True
The page will open directly to create a campaign.
There are also other options, such as:
?openTeamCreation=True to open on the "Create a team" page
?openTeamJoin=True to open on the "Join a team" page